Maintaining your commercial property throughout the year can add much to your to-do list. Knowing which items to care for in which seasons can help you keep your property in tip-top shape. Here is our seasonal guide to property maintenance.
- Inspect the exterior of your property, including the roof, for missing or damaged shingles or leaks, remove debris from gutters and downspouts, and ensure the siding of your property is in good condition.
- Power-wash windows and siding. Give windows and doors a good clean.
- Fertilize your lawn and prune trees and shrubs.
- Clean outdoor faucets and sprinklers.
- Examine the chimney for any damage.
- Hire professionals to service the HVAC system and AC before it’s turned on for the summer.
- Change any air conditioning filters.
- Check smoke detectors and carbon monoxide detectors and change batteries if needed.
- Repair caulking and weather stripping if needed.
- Flush the water heater.
- Perform any repairs that were sustained during the winter season.
- Check the roof and remove any debris.
- Inspect the exterior of your property for cracks, peeling paint, window seals, rust, erosion, water damage, or anything else that needs to be repaired.
- Take care of fallen leaves and aerate the lawn.
- Have a professional HVAC technician inspect the furnace and prepare the AC for winter.
- Inspect the windows and doors for proper installation and sealing in preparation for winter.
- Winterize irrigation lines.
- Ensure gutters are clear of fallen leaves and debris.
- Check for leaks and cracks in the plumbing.
- Check exterior lighting and replace any burnt-out bulbs.
- Create and finalize your winter emergency plan.
- Cover your building’s AC unit.
- Have pet-friendly sidewalk salt and ice melt on hand.
- Keep an eye on water damage during snow melts and warmer days.
- Set up snow and ice removal and winter property maintenance.
Benefits of Hiring Professional Snow & Ice Management
Snow and ice removal is a valuable investment in the safety of those around your property. Our cold and snowy winters require a prompt and attentive response to snowfall on sidewalks and in parking lots.
Summit Property Group offers:
- Snow Removal
- Parking Lot Sanding
- Sidewalk Clearing
- Written and electronic reporting procedures
- “Safety First” processes & procedures tailored to your property
Our best-in-class industry and safety standards allow us to be the best in the business regarding winter commercial property maintenance. Canadian winters can be unpredictable, snowy and cold, so we aim to provide convenient and dependable service. We’re available on-call 24 hours a day. Invest in your property and hire a qualified team to take snow removal off your plate while ensuring the highest quality of service, safety and a commitment to environmental standards.